New five-day safari in Switzerland and Italy
We invite you on a five-day Truffle Safari during which you will be able to appreciate the all-too-short and much-cherished White Truffle Season (from 21 September), and to complement it with wines extraordinary enough to deliver the white truffle due justice.
1. Enjoy the peace and tranquility at Waldhotel Fletschhorn with its astounding glaciers.
2. Visit Salgesch, the largest wine-growing community in the Upper Valais. A visit to Diego Mathier, the highest-awarded wine producer in Switzerland, offers an insight into the centuries-old family business.
3. Cross the Great St Bernard Pass, an iconic way to travel between Switzerland and Italy.
4. Land in the Aosta Valley, known for its excellent cuisine, heavily influenced by its mixed French and Italian culture.
5. Visit Alba, the truffle capital of Italy, is a magnet for the most serious gastro-tourists. During your time here, the town will be hosting its annual White Truffle Fair.
6. Head back to Switzerland via Lago d’Orta to have your grand dinner at the Waldhotel Fletschhorn, a culmination of your expedition.
The five-day Truffle Safari takes place from mid-September to the end of October and costs from CHF 2,999 (approx. £2,617) per person, based on double occupancy. This includes all accommodation (full board), wine pairings, excursions and transfers.
This activity is only available for groups of 6 people min.
Enquire via email@example.com